Freedom Farm’s Discipleship Living Center (DLC) offers men recovering from alcohol and/or drug addiction, who have successfully completed the Safe House and Restoration programs, a safe and challenging environment where they can grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ. Its mission is to lead them to become disciples, enable them to live in the world without drugs, and to eventually be able to pass on to others what they have received.
DLC furthers each man’s spiritual growth in three areas:
- In understanding Jesus Christ as he is described and presented in the Bible
- In trusting Jesus Christ with all the details of life, and
- In obeying Jesus Christ in all areas of life.
Founded in September 2006, the first DLC location provided a safe place for men to live for a nominal fee. Since that time two additional houses have opened to meet the needs of our ministry.
DLC allows men to live in a Christian community, interacting with other men who have had similar experiences. In each house a group of men live and study, pray, cook and clean together under the direction of a “house man” and the DLC Director.
The typical length of stay is 6 to 8 months.
Men are required to find responsible employment in the Boone area and begin paying their own program fees. They will meet weekly to go over their budget and get financial coaching to encourage them to save money for a fresh start.
The DLC provides spiritual coaching for those who are trying to understand broken relationships in their lives. This program takes all the Gospel-centered decision-making concepts residents have been taught at the Safe House and Restoration House and helps them learn how to use them to make successful daily decisions.
Through Christ, the foundation lessons they’ve learned should help students grow strong and avoid the mistakes and temptations they experienced in their former lives.
DLC provides students with:
- Biblical counsel;
- Individual and group prayer support;
- Interaction with like-minded men who are growing in Christ;
- Assistance seeking quality employment;
- Support with building relationships;
- Opportunities to work through difficult past experiences;
- Help in planning for the future and good decision-making;
- Opportunities to learn new life skills;
- Scheduling personal daily quiet time of worship, Bible study, and prayer; and
- A chance to learn and practice true discipleship, how to share Jesus Christ with others.
- Personal habits and hygiene.
- Daily scheduling details.
- House responsibilities.
- Random drug testing.
- Personal relationships.
- Personal finances and tithing.
- Employer relationship with Freedom Farm whenever possible.
In cooperation with area churches, DLC provides each man with:
- Numerous opportunities for worship, fellowship and growth.
- The opportunity to find a Christian mentor, for personal discipleship, encouragement and accountability
Our goal is to build disciples of Jesus Christ who can pass on this hope and strength to others as they return home.